Sunday, September 28, 2008

Seth's Three Blessings...


Not very good at "blogging" as I don't usually just like to post my thoughts to the world but today I thought to post warm thoughts from a soon-to-be 7 year old. Seth and Ava were fighting this morning and we gave them a time-out. Time to think, time to reflect. One hour, can you imagine? No television, no Wii, no electronic games. They both took to coloring pictures and writing "letters."

I sat down to pay bills online and Seth followed me in. He said, "Mom, I am bored. " I said, "You are?" as he continued to toss a ball in the air. I sat and thought, 'he has had time to think.' He said, "I've been good-I let Ava have the ball." I said, "Thank you." He looked at me and said, "Can I play the Wii?" (We rented MarioKart this week-which he loves). I turned to him and asked, "What are three good things in your life Seth?" He tossed the ball and caught it. He held the ball for a minute and then said, "I have good parents, I have Jesus in my heart and I love to play sports. I'm good at sports you know." I said, "Yes, Seth you are good at sports." Inside, my heart just melted. I could have have just cried right then. Wow. He could have said, "My Wii, my DS and my trampoline. But he didn't. He had time to reflect and think about what is truly meaningful in his life: His Family, His Jesus and the gift that Christ has blessed him with. So yeah, I let him go play Wii and decided to take a moment to post this as I cry in utter thankfulness for my God, my family and the person Christ continues to mold me into.

2 comments:

da momma said...

found u thru David Daniels blog. what a sweet post. I cant imagine my 2 yr old syaing those words one day...You sound like you have done a good job

Cyndi R. said...

Thank you so much da momma. It is only by God's grace....